The UK-Nigeria Tech Hub has unveiled an accelerator program aimed at fostering the growth of the Nigerian tech ecosystem by providing mentorship, training, and access to funding for early-stage tech startups in six Nigerian states.
The program will be implemented in collaboration with local tech hubs and accelerators in each of the target states.The six states selected for the program are:
- Ibadan, Oyo State
- Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Participating startups will receive a comprehensive package of support, including:
- Mentorship from experienced tech entrepreneurs and investors.
- Training on a variety of business development, product development, and marketing topics
- Access to funding opportunities
- Integration into a network of contacts within the Nigerian tech ecosystem.
The program is open to early-stage tech startups based in Nigeria with a market-ready product or service and a strong team with a viable business model. Applications for the accelerator program are now open and will close on December 20, 2023.
The UK-Nigeria Tech Hub, a UK government initiative, is dedicated to promoting the growth of the Nigerian tech industry. The hub offers a range of programs and services to support Nigerian tech startups, including co-working space, events, and access to funding.
The accelerator program represents a significant step forward in the hub’s commitment to supporting the development of the Nigerian tech ecosystem. The program will provide early-stage tech startups with the necessary resources and guidance to thrive and reach their full potential.
- Target States: Lagos, Enugu, Oyo, Kano, Kaduna, and Rivers State
- Support Provided: Mentorship, training, access to funding, and network integration
- Eligibility: Early-stage tech startups based in Nigeria with a market-ready product or service, a strong team, and a viable business model
- Application Deadline: December 20, 2023.
Benefits of the Program
- Access to valuable resources and expertise
- Opportunity to connect with potential investors and partners
- Enhanced visibility and credibility
- Increased chances of success in the competitive tech market
Lastly, Interested startups are encouraged to apply for the accelerator program online: This presents an exceptional opportunity for early-stage tech startups in Nigeria to secure the support they need to succeed. I strongly encourage all eligible startups to apply.